University Of Kansas
Overland Park, KS
Graduated: December 2007
Major: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
University Of South Florida
Graduated: May 2000
Majors: BA in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences (Anthropology and Sociology) and in History
Minor: English (composition)
GPA: 3.97, graduated summa cum laude
Computer Skills and Knowledge
Programming and Markup Languages
- HTML/XHTML (hand code)
- CSS (hand code)
- some XSL/XSLT
- some SQL
- Blueprint Requirements Center and Blueprint Cloud
- Axure RP Pro
- Axosoft OnTime Scrum
- Version One
- Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
My professional site featured a blog of Web accessibility and usability news and commentary.
For over three years, I was the Webmaster and Editor for iSQL-Viewer,
an open-source database software project.
Email: <anitra at anitrapavka dot com>
Anitra's LinkedIn profile
Current Location: Tampa, FL
SXSW Interactive 2008
Targeting Your Web Site: Accessibility Litigation Update panel:
Mike Wasylik and I discussed how recent court decisions expose website owners to liability for lack
of accessibility and ways to protect yourself.
SXSW Interactive 2004 (Austin, TX)
Accessing Multimedia: The Object of My Perception panel:
A panel of experts that discussed alternative methods to deliver media content to those with disabilities or using mobile device browsers. My
presentation covered multimedia on handheld mobile devices.
SXSW Interactive 2003 (Austin, TX)
Website Demo (Review) panel:
A panel of experts that reviewed audience-submitted websites. I evaluated site
usability and accessibility.
Lead Business Analyst
Apr 2015 - Present
Wolters Kluwer (Tampa, FL)
- Defined requirements management best practices for Agile (Scrum) teams.
- Facilitated the product backlog grooming for Scrum teams.
- Managed three direct reports, including one offshore resource.
- Facilitated the definition of Scrum team agreements such as the user story Definition of Ready.
- Facilitated multi-day requirements workshops with up to 20 stakeholders per workshop.
Senior Business Analyst
Jan 2011 - Apr 2015
Arbitration Forums (Tampa, FL)
- Earned the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
- Acted as a Scrum Master to support an Agile (Scrum) team.
- Facilitated release planning, sprint planning and demos.
- Monitored Scrum team progress using tools such as sprint burn down charts and release burn up charts
- Facilitated the product backlog grooming and wrote user stories for a Scrum team.
- Acted as a Product Owner proxy to represent the business's and customer's needs and interests.
- Designed and moderated usability tests for a SaaS application. Analyzed the results and recommended ways to improve the rate of task completion and ease of use.
- Designed and analyzed an online card sorting exercise with remote, external stakeholders to identify a more intuitive way to organize information.
- Led the requirements elicitation and analysis for a 1+ year SaaS application project:
- Managed user acceptance testing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managed project scope, milestones, and risks.
- Created and managed requirements documentation using Blueprint Requirements Center and Blueprint Cloud.
- Presented for the April 2012 Blueprint Virtual Users Group (BVUG) with my team our process for using Blueprint Requirements Center.
- Created Web application mockups and prototypes using Axure RP Pro.
Project: March 2010 - August 2010
Short-term contract to write formal use cases and develop data entry forms in Java for election software.
- Wrote UML use cases of proposed system functionality using Enterprise Architect.
- Designed a custom template using Enterprise Architect to automatically generate use case and requirements documentation:
- The template eliminated 100% of the previously required manual edits and standardized the documentation provided to the Development team.
- Designed and implemented Java data entry forms using NetBeans IDE.
eCommerce Project Manager Contractor
Projects: May 2008 - October 2009
Orchard Brands (Hillsboro, OR)
Long-term contract covered 2 consecutive projects and the re-launch of 7 retail eCommerce sites.
- Managed the relationships and website integrations for 7 different sites with 14 vendors, including:
- Fry, Omniture / Mercado, Bazaarvoice, ShopLocal, Commision Junction, Rimm-Kaufman, Channel Intelligence, Yesmail, Fluid, Certona, Encore, Foresee Results and Bizrate (ShopZilla)
- Managed scope, milestones, and risks to keep the integrations successfully on schedule.
- Provided design input on the custom eCommerce platform functionality and integrations.
- Interviewed on-site and off-site business stakeholders on existing processes to reveal system gaps.
- Designed test cases for third-party integrations and assisted with QA testing.
- Managed a series of 4 load tests conducted on 10 Production eCommerce sites and identified specific changes to improve site performance and stability.
- Mentored a junior project manager.
Usability / Information Architect Contractor
Project: May 2008 - July 2008
Daimler Trucks North America (Freightliner) (Portland, OR)
Short-term contract to analyze and improve the usability of the IT department's Intranet.
- Delivered a creative brief that defined the project scope, audience, goals, and deliverables.
- Interviewed key IT department users to assess their goals, common tasks, and information regularly referenced on the Intranet.
- Conducted online card sorting exercises to assess and refine the effectiveness of navigational labels.
- Reviewed the findings from each deliverable with key project stakeholders.
- Submitted a final written report summarizing major findings and recommended changes to improve the Intranet over the short- and long-term.
Project Analyst - Sourcing Operations
11/2006 - 02/2008
H&R Block (Kansas City, MO)
- Spearheaded electronic strategic sourcing process improvement projects, including:
- Collaborated with groups of internal and external stakeholders to define user needs.
- Defined and documented project requirements, timeline, and resources.
- Performed user acceptance testing on Web-based PeopleSoft/Oracle and Ariba system customizations.
- Integrated results and stakeholder feedback from past projects into future projects.
- Managed the vendor relationship with Perfect Commerce, resulting in a 40% average improvement in response time on support issues.
- Administered the Ariba Sourcing suite (Sourcing, Contract, Category, and Supplier Performance Management).
- Provided operations support for the PeopleSoft/Oracle corporate financials system:
- Managed relationships with four vendors to resolve over $1M in electronic payment (A/P) issues.
Project Manager / Business Analyst
07/2006 - 11/2006
LaGarde (Olathe, KS)
- Managed Web software projects to meet performance benchmarks for budget, timeline, and customer satisfaction.
- Consulted with clients to elicit and document requirements and design screen mockups.
- Proactively managed client expectations and changes in project scope and requirements.
- Directed three to five team members per project.
Product Development Analyst
08/2004 - 06/2006
Perfect Commerce (Kansas City, MO)
- Transformed internal and customer requests into detailed functional requirements, screen mockups, and use cases.
- Designed product enhancements for five supplier relationship management (SRM) Web applications.
- Contract Manager project, a 1-year $1M software re-write and integration initiative:
- Collaborated with offshore and US remote teams to elicit and document requirements.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews to create a project gap analysis.
- Documented the functional requirements and coordinated with Development and QA/QC to ensure proper implementation.
- Presented weekly project status updates to senior management.
- Led internal product training on the PerfectSource software suite.
04/2004 - 07/2004
AuctionPlus (Overland Park, KS)
- Managed listing operations for over 100 eBay auctions per month, including photography, auction descriptions, bidder inquiries, bidder payments, and shipping.
- Developed listing optimization procedures that resulted in an average 15% increase in final selling price over competitive auctions for similar items.
- Hired, supervised, and trained three store employees.
- Managed all store operations, including merchandising, inventory, purchasing, customer service, and scheduling.
Senior Interaction Architect
01/2001 - 04/2004
Kansas Information Consortium (Topeka, KS)
- Collaborated with more than 20 state agencies to design usable, accessible websites and applications that met the agencies' and citizens' needs, including:
the E-Gov 2003 Trail Blazer award-winning
Kansas Income Tax online filing application:
- Gathered client requirements and wrote functional specs.
- Conducted and analyzed the usability tests.
- Ensured the generated Web pages complied with US Section 508 and state Web accessibility guidelines.
- Sedgwick County District Court Search online application:
- Gathered and analyzed project requirements. Wrote task analysis and functional specs. Designed the layout and application flow.
- Coded XSL to sort, format, and display court case information that is stored as XML in an Oracle 9i database.
- Ensured the generated Web pages complied with US Section 508 and state Web accessibility guidelines.
- Introduced CSS-based Web design techniques and trained four co-workers on how to implement it.
These techniques reduced development time, created modular designs, and made future redesigns easier and faster to implement.
- Represented the company as a speaker on Web accessibility and usability at the 2003 and 2004 SXSW Interactive conferences in Austin, TX.
- Led the State subcommittee that annually revises the Kansas Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (2 years).
Wireless Web Consultant
Project: Multiple-Platform Mobile Style Guide
Completed: Spring 2002
Little Springs Design (Lawrence, KS)
- Researched and wrote usability and design guidelines for the usage of XHTML Basic, XHTML MP, and CSS MP for "3G" (WAP 2.0) mobile device browsers.
- Marked up the Style Guide content in XML, adhering to a custom DTD.
- Helped edit the Style Guide.
06/1999 - 11/2000
Auction Management Solutions (Tampa, FL)
- Consulted with clients to design promotional websites that fit the clients' marketing needs.